Once upon a time, I was a journalist. Not a columnist, not a pundit, not an essayist – just a reporter. For what it’s worth, here’s a partial archive (or, in fact, an archive of archives); alas, the Internet is not all-remembering, at least when it comes to my by-lines.
- Clips from the Greensboro (NC) News & Record (mostly local and regional spot news and enterprise, 1996)
- One clip from the Lexington (Ky) Herald-Leader (via the Washington Post)
- Clips from the Baltimore Sun (including bylines from Budapest, Pakrac (Croatia) and a bunch of airplanes over Europe, 1998-9)
- Clips from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (including bylines from the Abanian border with Kosovo, Moscow and Vladikavkaz, 1999-2001)
- Clips from the Forward (including bylines from London 2003-4, but missing bylines from 1999-2002, when I was their Moscow correspondent; many of the London clips are on Russia, though)
If anyone knows of a decent archive for Bloomberg News, the Lexington (Ky) Herald-Leader, the Durham (NC) Herald-Sun or the Independent Weekly (Durham, NC), stretching back to the late 1990s, I’d be grateful for a tip!